Posted by GreenBanner18 on January 14, 2010 at 1:23 AM
CELTICS 111 NETS 87
Really, does this game need any other title? I could say "Celtics SMOKED the Nets", or "Celtics Take Their Frustration Out on The Nets", or even better "Wow That Teams Sucks", but instead I'll just go with "Celtics Win". How this team even has the 3 wins they have is beyond me. They played zero defense, and looked like a bunch of middle schoolers running around trying to figure out their offense.
I won't waste your time for too long, giving you a 2500 word post breaking down every bit of every quarter because quite frankly, that is pointless. The two words of the title sum this game up perfectly, but I will run through some of the positive things that I saw from the Celtics last night:
- Paul Pierce shot the ball, and looked amazing on offense. Although the New Jersey defense helped him look good, it was still a sight to see. For the rundown of his shot chart visit Hardwood Houdini.
- Both JR Giddens and Billy Walker got some playing time. Their playing time was filled with excitement as Giddens had two decent dunks, and Billy had a monster slam. Again, it was against the Nets but it was good to see them in the game as everyone in Celtics Nation loves how they play the game.
- Glen Davis looked very good early on and had 11 points in a hurry- in about 7 minutes of game time. He hit a jumper which will hopefully lead to many more.
- Tony Allen had the play of the night on an alley oop from Pierce where Allen got so high, and came from the backside of the hoop, he had to duck so his head didn't hit the backboard.
- Rajon Rondo is a walking double-double 11 pts 14 assists.
- Last but not least, and probably the most important key to tonights game...... EVERY STARTER PLAYED LESS THAN 30 MINUTES. This was exactly what I was looking for tonight, as the Celtics play again tonight against the Bulls.
For more recaps visit: Hardwood Houdini / North Station Sports / Reds Army / Celtics Town / Celtics Blog
Make sure to check back later for the Preview to tonights game against the Bulls that will Tip at 8:00 PM ET.
(Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)